Looking for a minimalistic yet classy way to display some of your favorite photos?
Make photo holders with wire and stones or glassware filled with shells.
It may sound strange until you see the results!
Images via Photojojo
This DIY is from one of my favorite websites in the whole world, Photojojo.
They are fantastic at posting creative DIY photo projects. I read this in their newsletter back in February and couldn’t stop thinking about it…
Here are a few irrefutable reasons why you should make these stone photo holders:
- Stone is simply gorgeous to decorate with. It adds a rustic natural feel to the home that synthetic materials can’t compare to.
- It’s super cheap! It’ll cost you under $5 to make!
- This DIY project is so easy! You can even include the kids in on this project
- You’re not limited to just stones. You can use bottles filled with shells or smaller stones. You can really make this as creative as you want to make it.
Here’s what you need:
- Medium-sized stones
- Cloth-covered florist wire sticks (you can find these at Michaels)
- Wire cutters
- Something round to bend the wire around into a coil shape.
- Your photos
Here’s how to do it:
STEP 1: Rock Rinse
Make sure your rock is clean before you start. Wash and dry them prior to using them.
STEP 2: Wire Wrap
After your stones are clean and completely dry, you’re going to want to wrap the wire around the stone. Use flat-nosed pliers if you’re having a hard time manipulating the cloth wire.
First, bend one end of the wire around the bottom of one of your stones.Then, twist that end up & around to meet with the rest of the wire on the other side of the stone.Make sure the wire is wrapped as tightly as you can get around the stone so it doesn’t slip off the stone.
STEP 3: Snippin’ Time
Now the wire is going to be sticking straight up from your rock. The tip of that wire is what is going to hold your photo.
If the wire is too long, simply trim it.
STEP 4: Do the Coil
Now’s the time where you coil the end of the wire to make the holder part of this photo project. Photojojo used a glue pen and wrapped the wire around it twice. Read the full tutorial for step by step photos.
Well, I hope you liked this DIY! For more awesome projects make sure to check back with DecorSpark. And believe it or not, we take requests. If you have an idea that we haven’t written about, let us know! We’d love to hear from you!