The challenge of gardening isn’t necessarily the gardening itself.. but having enough space to do so.
If you live in an apartment, then you know what I’m talking about.
No yard, not enough room for your stuff as it is, let alone an entire garden.
Well let me tell you, starting your own apartment garden is easy peasy.
Urban gardening is a popular trend among many city dwellers.
Turning your fire escape, balcony, or rooftop into a garden has never been easier.
The Urban Gardener’s first fire escape vegetable garden
- Figure out where your garden will be
- Determine how much sunlight your garden receives
- Decide which veggies or herbs to grow based on how much light your garden gets
Check out his blog for more in-depth gardening tips, DIY projects, indoor composting, and some tasty recipes for your homegrown veggies.
- Set up a fun for your garden
- Collect containers to start your seeds in
- Buy or order your seeds
- Research. Research. Research.
Looking for a more decorative approach to your home garden?
Life on the Balcony repurposed a pallet into a garden.
Here’s the tutorial so you can make your own!
For more urban gardening tips check out these sites:
- Grow Baskets Full of Berries
- Life on the Balcony
- The Garden Apartment
- How Self-Watering Containers Work
- How to Make Your Own Organic Liquid Fertilizer
- Self Watering Propeller Bottle Garden
- A Way to Garden
- Brooklyn Roof Gardening
- You Grow Girl